What to do with all those leftover Easter eggs?? – Curried Egg Salad Sandwich
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ to ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne if desired
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices potato bread, (4 slices if serving open face)
- 2 tablespoons butter, if desired
- Watercress leaves and radish sprouts
- Red onion slices
- Drizzles of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne too
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and fill with water to cover the eggs by ½ inch. Bring to a rapid boil, cover, take off the heat and let sit for 17 minutes. Drain water and rinse eggs with cold tap water twice. Then cover the pan and shake the eggs, cracking the shells. Then peel the eggs and as you do, run under cold water if needed.
- Slice the eggs (use an egg slicer for ease and uniformity) then place in a large bowl. Mash the eggs with a fork and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard with the curry powder, onion powder, salt and ground pepper. Add more seasonings to taste.
- Mix the curry mayonnaise into the mashed eggs and season to taste.
- Toast the bread and spread with butter if desired. Divide the egg salad evenly among the 4 pieces of bread and top with the watercress and radish sprouts. Add red onion slices and drizzle olive oil if desired. Top with bread or leave open face.
- Can also put over a plate of lightly dressed greens
- Serve with some quick pickled spicy vegetables or pickles