Tom’s Tomahawk Steak
- Tomahawk Steak/s with bone (each is about 2 pounds and can feed up to 4 people)
- Seasoning, our favorite is Montreal Steak seasoning
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Let the steaks come to room temperature and season with favorite seasoning (we use Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- BBQ each side for 7-10 minutes each (closing the lid) until the meat is at 125 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare.
- To serve, cut the meat off the bone and slice the across the grain and drizzle with EVOO. If you like extra herb flavor, use a brush made of rosemary and sage leaves to brush on the EVOO.
Each Tomahawk steak is about 2 pounds. This magnificent cut of meat is a large ribeye steak that is specifically cut with about 8-12 inches of the rib bone left on it. The bone is “Frenched”, a culinary term that means it is trimmed of fat and meat. The bone is meant to look like the handle of an ax.
Send us your favorites, and we’ll share in one of our newsletters: email@example.com