The 2022 Larson Limerick Contest is now closed. Congrats to our winners below! See you same time next year.
Visit the Sonoma Index Tribune to Read More!
Our winner for the Larson Family Winery Category:
We ventured to Larson for Cabs,
And to frolic with three gorgeous Labs.
OMG, such great wine!
TLC was divine!
And for free (Ollie ate all our tabs)!
– Leslie McGee, Grass Valley CA
Our winner for the Sonoma Category:
Sonoma’s grand vineyards do shine.
Grapes grown here are always divine.
Visiting is a ball
tasting wines one and all –
Three Lab Cab is a favorite of mine!
– Joan Salzman, Los Alamos NM
What is a Limerick?
/ˈlɪm ər ɪk/ [lim-er-ik]
A kind of humorous verse of five lines, in which the first, second, and fifth lines rhyme with each other, and the third and fourth lines, which are shorter, form a rhymed couplet.
- Your entry must be an original limerick. All entries must be new, previously unpublished in print or online.
- Your limerick must pertain to Larson Family Winery or Wine/Grapes/Winemaking/Sonoma depending on the Limerick Category selected. It may be funny, but does not have to be.
- One entry per person. You may only enter in one category.
- It must be G-rated, (no sex, drug promotion, profanity, graphic violence or other inappropriate [in our view] content).
- There will be one winner in each category who will receive a $150 Larson Family Winery gift certificate to spend in our Tasting Room or to use for an online purchase.
- Enter the contest using form above on Larson Family Winery website.
- The contest begins Thursday, February 24th, 2022 and ends Monday, March 7th, 2022 at 12 pm Pacific Time.
- Winners will be announced Friday, March 11th, 2022.
- You agree to allow your entry (winner or not) to be used by Larson Family Winery without payment of any royalty.
- If a winning entry is found to have been previously posted or published, any prize awarded will be revoked and another winner will be declared. After 30 days, no changes to the winners list will be made and reasonable effort will be made to assure the winning limericks are original.
- Your entry to the contest indicates your agreement that all decisions made by the judges are FINAL.
- Employees of Larson Family Winery and Ultima Mobile Bottling and their immediate families are not eligible to enter this contest.