In these unprecedented times, many people are in their homes, seeking the comfort of cooking, making meals for their families, or collaborating in the kitchen with their kiddos. We wanted to regularly share our family recipes with yours, so check back often for new recipes and wine pairings! Cheers!
"Fettuccini Alfredo is just macaroni and cheese for adults" - Mitch Hedberg
Our suggested Larson Wine Pairings with this recipe:
2016 Larson Family Chardonnay
2017 Millerick Road Rose
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced*
- 1/2 lb portobello mushroom, diced
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15oz) jar of Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (or more to taste)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
*If you use pre-minced garlic in a jar (no shame! Chrissy Teigen says she does too!) the equivalent is one medium clove to 1-1.5 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 8 to 10 minutes until al dente; drain and put aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter together with olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, cook until softened and translucent - about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, red pepper, and mushroom; cook over medium-high heat until soft, about 2 additional minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until firm and pink. Pour in Alfredo sauce, parmesesan cheese and cream. Bring to a simmer while stirring constantly until thickened - about 5 mintues. Season with Old Bay, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in drained pasta into sauce, shrimp and veggie blend. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.